Peppermint Shrimp Help

dawneanddonv

Reefing newb
I moved my condy to a 30 gal tank today and as soon as I put it in my 2 peppermint shrimp they seemed to attack it. It looked like they were pulling pieces of his tenticles off. Should I remove them from my tank?

that is very odd actually... peppermint shrimp don't usually harm sessile invertebrates... but they CAN occasionally do odd things.... i mean it happens with all our aquarium stuff, they have minds of their own (I once saw a yellow tang that destroyed an entire shipment of cleaner shrimp....)

you might try moving the condy... see if that helps... are they actually tearing it apart or had you just fed and they were tearing food away from it?

how is the condy doing? is he good and healthy?

That is odd indeed. I have always thought peppermint shrimp as one of the most passive and non-threatening creatures in our tanks.

I guess it shrimp cocktail time!

yes I am sure that they are a peppermint. That was the first thing that I thought of. The condy is healthy and looks good. I moved one of the peppermints out of the tank and now the one peppermint is not attacking the condy anymore.

Back