peppermint shrimp shed?

jesse

Not That Kind Of Reefer
i got a peppermint shrimp today and it was in my tank for about 10 hours now and it looks like it shed? do they do that? or is that a bad reaction to my tank?

Right now I have the shrimp a turbo snail 3 hermit crabs an emerald crab and a chocolatechip star. Would that be fine.

As the grow they will molt. Shrimp, hermits, emeralds, etc. As the hermits molt and grow they will eventually need empty larger shells to call their new home. It's neat to see if you ever get that lucky, the hermits are so fast at the shell switch that it's over in a split second.

I have 1 empty shell and one seen my hermits take peeks at it every now and then.

And the star isnt? How come. The fish store guy said it was fine.

Ah, the fish store guy can lie. Or, is just stupid. For stars look for brittles. Check out the chocolate chips on live aquaria, not safe. None of the cool stars are.

Yep, unfortunately chocolate chip stars will eat any corals they come across, as well as clams and sometimes other invertebrates.

hmm this isnt good i cant get to my tank until friday. and i have 2 coral frags in my tank i hope nothing happens. =( im worried now.
oh and sorry if i have random words my phone auto corrects in the weirdest ways.

Back