Peppermint Shrimp

khaotik

Reefing newb
I had a little aiptaisia outbreak and got two pepperment shrimp to do the trick. Well they have done there duty extremely well and now have no more aipotasia. There are still several small ones I found earlier on one rock. So what will these guys eat when all the aiptasia is gone?

they'll scavenge any food they can find in the tank. You won't need to put anything extra in the tank for them.

My pep's steal food when i feed my fish. My slower fish i have to make sure they get their fill, my jawfish and my yellow watchman are both shy and wont eat unless it comes in front of them. Also my mandarian is a slow eater too. Any kind of left overs that sits on your rocks or substrate they will surely get to. Great member of the CUC imo...

+1 Brian

I uh feed my peps! I give them a little baster squirt when I feed the star and the ric. They LOVE mysis!!! They come out and dance for me the rotten things!

Yea I'm gettin ready to replace my huge one. He's a lil too greedy and I can't seem to feed my sun corals and dentros without him stealing all of it. I'll prolly jus feed em to the mantis and get. New smaller one.

I was going to buy some the other day, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $10 each for a little 1 1/4 inch shrimp! Why are these little buggers soooo expensive? I don't understand that at all. :frustrat:

Wow. I am jealous. When I recently set up my refugeium I went to all the LFS to get some cheato. Not a one even had that! They suck here.

Back