peppermint shrimp

I was convinced all mine were goners in my big tank... then one day I found a molt. When I broke down and was selling off all the rock, I found seven. They're ridiculously good at hiding.

yes my does the crazy dance but he starting to slowly come out and see how awesome we are in real world!

I had one that whenever I stuck my hand in there, it would climb on and pick at my fingernails. Pretty cool critters.

Funny everyone mentions " the dance". I thought the shrimp was swaying with the powerheads. They are " hermits" though.

My peppermint shrimp is always sitting there all innocent dancin like "what coral? I didn't eat no coral." :shock:

I haven't seen him for like a week, I hope he's okay...

i had some growing out into a container in my main tank, they were even starting to get big, but then i knocked it over and my clown quickly demolished them.

i had some growing out into a container in my main tank, they were even starting to get big, but then i knocked it over and my clown quickly demolished them.

Hmm, sounds promising. I have two in a pico tank in the kitchen. I have been using them to clean up some live rock before it goes into the DT. Is there anything I can do to encourage babies? I don't even know how to tell if they are males or females. One is about 1.5 inches long and the other about 1 inch? They've each moulted once in about 2 weeks.

i think i read somewhere that they can be both, when i noticed the babies in the tank, it was just her lol. My boyfriend didnt believe that there was baby shrimp in the tank till he came over and looked.

My peppy pico:
Very hard to get photos of the peppies. I will keep trying.
2012-03-22163553.jpg

2012-03-22163734.jpg

2012-03-22163143.jpg

2012-03-22163348.jpg

I found mine with a flashlight at night dancing upside down under ledge of rock...Hope my stupid 6 line wrasse doesn't find him. Wrasse ur time is limited!

Back