Peppermint Shrimp

idjit45

Reefing newb
Hi, I have put 2 peppermint shrimp into my relatively new reef tank to help with a slight aiptasia problem. Can someone tell me should I be able to see the shrimp in the tank at all as for the life of me I have no idea if they are doing anything or there at all.:D

when i had i very rarely saw it it was always hiding if the light were out i would see it from time to time but i wouldnt get worried

Thanks very much for the info and i will keep looking for them but will not start to panic if i can't see them. One of the shrimp was carrying eggs. Any idea about a gestation period and should i add anything to the water to help with the fry? Thanks.:sfish:

I Only have a 10g so I don't have a lot of rock work so I can usually see mine but he always chills upside down under the rocks. He has 2 spots he loves and doesn't really move from them.

Thanks again. I saw one of them yesterday just as the lights came on. It was moving to the underside of one of the rocks. It looked like the one with eggs (although without stereotyping they all look the same haha).

Back