peppermint & white glove shrimp yes or no ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
Need more cuc as wrasse (now gone) ate them all. I dont know anything about peppermint & white glove shrimp and have been offered 8 pepper and 2 whitegloves . Do they get along ? Are they reef safe ? any special care needed ? How much would you expect to pay for that package ????? I have no idea and need to know asap ? Thanks

Peppermint shrimp are reef safe and a good addition to your cleanup crew. I don't know anything about the white glove shrimp. I also don't know if any of your other fish will eat the shrimp. But you can put them in your sump. As for cost peppermints go for around $8 each here.

Sounds like they're more temperate shrimp, eat pods and are the equivalent of pods as food for a fish, like ghost shrimp. I would'nt pay hardly anything for them. As for peppermints, they go for around $5-7 at stores around here, so I would probably pay $15-20 for the lot, but no more.

Sounds like they're more temperate shrimp, eat pods and are the equivalent of pods as food for a fish, like ghost shrimp. I would'nt pay hardly anything for them. As for peppermints, they go for around $5-7 at stores around here, so I would probably pay $15-20 for the lot, but no more.
Thanks for that info. all good except the price, had a few responses from an aussie forum and apparently they sell for between 40 to 60 bucks each here. Thats ridiculous. lol

Dont think I will buy them he wants 150 bucks for the lot. I know that the peppermint do sell for around 40 to 60 here and I don't want to spend that money and turn it into expensive fish food.
lol
I think I will just get the red banded mating pair I saw yesterday, They were $110 a pair and looked really nice to boot.
Thanks all .

Uhhhh, yeah. Lol I just got a peppermint yesterday for $4.99. And an inch frag of green Slimer for $5, both from my LFS. I think Petco has peps for $7.99 and the other good LFS is $11.99.

Uhhhh, yeah. Lol I just got a peppermint yesterday for $4.99. And an inch frag of green Slimer for $5, both from my LFS. I think Petco has peps for $7.99 and the other good LFS is $11.99.
. Can u post some to me please. That's crazy prices. Can I ask what does. 22kg Red Sea coral pro cost there ? $159.00 here and 1000 ml rowaphos us $119.00 ??

you think so, closed saltwater store to me is 400 miles. dont even ask what it costs to ship a bucket weighing 70 lbs. i go shopping twice a yr and stock up.

you think so, closed saltwater store to me is 400 miles. dont even ask what it costs to ship a bucket weighing 70 lbs. i go shopping twice a yr and stock up.
oh,, lol i thought you were being sarcastic with fuel prices being high also.. at least I live close to a couple of shops. I would hate to be that far away.

we pay anywhere from 30 to 50 for a skunk cleaner shrimp in ontario canada. bucket of salt goes for 50 to 100 depending on brand. then theres the 300 to 400 in gas to get it home

$20 is cheap, other LFS sell them for $25-35. Box of salt (Reef Crystals) is $55, or $75 at the expensive stores.

somr stuff you can get shipped for free, depends on how much you spend, nothing real heavy though, and nothing live. my son lives in sudbury which is the closest place. so i go and visit and use that as an excuse to go shopping

Back