percula clown has puffy eye

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
basically that i was looking at my tank today and notice that my percula clown wasnt swimminr around like he usually does instead hes in the dead center just swimming in place i saw his right eye all puffed up he wont swin facing the right at all he just satys facing the left so i couldnt get a "good"picture

my water is good i just toped it off yesterday all my other fish ae doing good well and active

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

as you can see he also has a white line under the puffiness??

none of the bigger fish bother him

hes always just doing his thing swiiming ion front of koralias

my parameters are all good normal

i havent had ANy issues with water or fish in a good while

help:bowdown:

sorry bout the blurriness and isnt pop eye contagious to the other fish

what should my next step be i never experience pop eye on any system so far :shock::question::bowdown:

i am dealing with pop eye right now in my unicorn tang and all my other fish are fine, it should go away on its own, just make sure he still eats daily or every time you feed them

Popeye isn't contagious. But other fish can get it depending on WHY it occurred in the first place.

The most common reason for popeye is physical injury or abrasion. Like if the fish bumped into a rock, or got caught in a net. In this case, it won't spread.

Less frequently, popeye can be caused by poor water quality. In this case, other fish can come down with it too.

Popeye will usually go away on its own. In some cases, the fish will end up losing its eye. Sometimes, if they lose their eye, they won't be able to find food as well and will starve to death. So basically, as long as your fish is still eating, it's doing okay and has a good chance.

my parameters are all good normal

What exactly are your parameters? Specifically nitrate.
I agree that it will go away on it's own with improved water quality.

nitrites were high a20 for me their usually (maybe cause i just added ater that day)

the clow is doing a heck of alot better thankfully he didnt lose its eye the sweling went down drastically just the next day

he did keep a dark line under his eye i think its because of the swelling going down

but hes back up and swimming again i think ill put him in a smal nano i have :D

Back