Perfect camera for this hobby

navyguyame

Reefing newb
I found the perfect camera, for me anyway. i dont need anything spectacular. I just want to be able to take a few underwater pics of my fish and corals. I thought the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-TX10-Waterproof-Panorama/dp/B004H8FNGM/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1310539106&sr=8-8"]Sony TX10[/ame] would do the job just fine. What do you think??

yeah i thing im going to go with something different though. alot of the reviews say it does not do well completely sumbmerged. oh well.

you have a good idea but i dont think i want to risk a 400 dollar investment to a zip lock baggie. i know for a fact that those thing leak bad.

I actually LOVE the cybershots. I'm on my 3rd one LOL It's my 3rd because I use them for so long, and work so well, but I always want upgrades. My first one lasted a good 3 years before I upgraded, and the 2nd one broke after 2 years because I took it too the beach, and even though I tried to be careful, I got sand in it, and eventually the zoom mechanism went bad. My 3rd one is doing great. I get the mid-ranged ones -- the ones that cost $250-300.

If you want waterproof, I bought an inexpensive Dicapack -- Digital camera waterproof case !!DICAPAC!!

I use it at the pool, beach, inside the tank. It's awesome and super inexpensive. It's not the best underwater pack, but for the price, LOVE it, and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I figure even if it sprang a leak eventually, I can still at least use it to keep sand out of my camera at the beach.

I have a waterproof camera that I have used at a waterpark. I wanted to use it to take pictures in my tank but haven't yet. I'm scared since I used it in chlorine water if I use it in the tank if will be harmful to my corals and live stock? Do you think it will be alright? Is there a way to safely clean it off to use it in my tank? I'm just curious. :)

I have a waterproof camera that I have used at a waterpark. I wanted to use it to take pictures in my tank but haven't yet. I'm scared since I used it in chlorine water if I use it in the tank if will be harmful to my corals and live stock? Do you think it will be alright? Is there a way to safely clean it off to use it in my tank? I'm just curious. :)

Esh....idk...dunno if i would trust it......id soak it in RO, but still wouldnt feel safe......think a ziplock over it would work?

I have put my dicapack in the pool, then in the tank after properly rinsing it in regular tap. I do wait for it to dry, too. Never had problems.

yeah im with dana i would try to cover it up. I am wanting a camera that i can get really close to the corals to take some nice pics. I already own a canon rebel T3i i just do not want to put it anywhere near the water. A 1000 dolor camera you kinda baby it lol.

Back