Peroxide Dips?

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I've heard that dipping corals in a peroxide dip can help get rid of unwanted algae, but I don't really know anything about them. I picked up some frags last night from a guy and think I saw some patches of red turf algae in his tank. None of the frags I got had any on them, but I kind of want to dip them in something more than just coral rx before I put them in my tank to be on the safe side. Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks!

I've read that some corals do better than others with the peroxide treatments so I would research your specific coral about that, but it worked great for my little green and red candy cane that I am rehabbing. One head is completely grown back and the other is getting there. I used a 1:10 ratio of peroxide to tank water and dipped it for ten minutes. I repeated that a month later because it looked like the algae was trying to grow back on the bare part of the skeleton.

Well, I dipped in coral rx but skipped the peroxide since a lot of what I had were montis and what I read suggested they didn't do well in the dip (Roger Rabbit always comes to mind when I refer to it as "the dip" lol)

Remind me of this decision in about 3 months when I'm posting pics and complaining about algae lol

Back