Pest Anemone's....

Marklyall87

Reefing newb
Hi, I got a couple of what I presume are anemones I'm my tank, there was originally 1 of the type in the top photo but now I think there's 3 & I have noticed 3 or 4 of the ones in the bottom photo in there. what exactly are they? I've seen them called pest anemoes, why is this? can I leave them in there because I think there pretty cool or do I have to kill them? If so what's the best way to do so...Thanks. Mark

c9d3262f.jpg

1b2a6426.jpg

First one is a majano, second is aiptasia. They're both pests because they pack a powerful sting and will eat your fish. Nuke them with some Aiptasia X!

He's right majanos and aiptasia. Both pests and both will spread like crazy. As for stinging humans. Yes but not much of a sting. Aiptasia-X will take care of them both.

I got some aptasia-x today & I got to say it's fantastic, really does the job, killed both types of pest anemone in minitues, I didn't want to kill them all at once because of nitrates, ect. so only did 3, going to do the rest soon, after a water change, Would definatly reccomend this to people, Thanks for the info.

Back