Pest or Friendly???

eclipse_001

Reefing newb
Any one out there know what this thing might be??

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,458
Well I caught this one and set him on some paper for a while, I then flipped him over and it was hollow underneath, kind of reminded me of a beetle carcass. Just freaking out a little as my most expensive zoo's and paly's are having some trouble started with my candy apple reds not opening all the way, then after a week or so it moved to my PPE's they have started what appears to be melting on one side. Did a dip of coral rx on them yesterday and they look no better yet. hope that they don't melt away to nothing. anyone out there have pictures of anything that would cause this?? I have several other colonies of zoo's and paly's and none of them are affected by this. I just got the two apparently infected frags about two weeks ago. the candy apple reds never opened from the beginning while the PPE's were beautiful till a few days ago.

Flat, he was on the bottom of a war coral frag i got today, the whole body, what you see in the picture is hard, when i touched him he curled up into a ball

Last edited:
If he was flat, then it was a stomatella, which are not coral predators.

The zoas and palys that are having troubles -- how long have you had them? Had they been in good shape for a while, and all of a sudden started looking sick?

About two or three weeks, the PPE's looked great at first, the Candy Apple Reds have never opened all the way, The PPE's just started this curling up like they are closing but not fully closing a few days ago, it appears that they have lost the skirt around that area that is curling up here are some pictures I have moved them since i did the dip from the sand bed to a rock as you can see, unfortunately the second pic is not that great I will try to get a better one here in a min

Attachments

• candyapple,ppe.jpg
    candyapple,ppe.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 422
  • problems.jpg
    problems.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 461
Back