Petco

reefnoob

Reefing newb
Has anyone ordered online from them? I know it depends from store to store but if you order online it should all be coming from the same place right? So how are the fish from online? Healthy? Colorful? Eats frozen food? And is the shipping ok?

Petco doesn't have it's own facility so the fish you order from them actually ship right from the wholesaler (this is how is used to work with them and I'm assuming nothing has changed in the past couple years). To my reccollection they were using either ERI or QM as their wholesaler (this may have changed as well). There are negatives and positives about it.

I don't think that applies for live fish though, I'm pretty sure that's just for the dry products. Zuatrapatuarte, have you ordered from petco online before?

I haven't ordered from petco online but I did buy 2 oscellaris clowns from them at the store to cycle my tank and they did fine!

I have a Banded shrimp and a Yellow tailed Damsel that I got for Petco (store not online) and they are great. I also got a big living rock from them and it's managed to stay alive as well!

I bought over 50# of live rock from the local store with so much dark purple coralline on it, it looked almost painted on. And it's spread to all my other rocks in just the 7 weeks its been cycling. And it was only $2.25 a pound. And The customer service at this store is super. Haven't bought fish there yet but its coming soon.

I know its an old thread, but...

The one in Lincoln on S. 56 & HWY 2 is pretty good. Dale has been there for almost 10 years and puts her foot down and before that, she trained sea lions in New Mexico, I think. Its not as good as some LFS, but better than others (not Petco LFS, that is).

That said, I've got lucky with an occellaris I got at 48 & O, and from her, I've got 2 cleaner shrimp (one was sold before we moved) and now my YCG. Had the shrimp and YCG for a couple weeks and they're both doing really well so far.

Back