PH Monitor vs PH Tester

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I am wondering if I should get the monitor or just the tester.

I am fed up with the Salifert and API PH tester kits.

It looks different in one light then in another light. Then depending on the angle of that light it changes slightly.

The other tests are so much better because they are one color and change when the right amount has been added to another color. Hard to not see that but man the PH tests suck.

If I can get them one here and one there I will own Nitrate and Salinity machines as well.

I know from my tests my PH is somewhere between 7.6 and 8.1 so as you can see it is annoying. One angle the API has a violet look to it but when I place it on the card it looks like the light brown but also the dark brown.

When it comes to the API Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate they work perfectly. As a matter of fact the API and the Salifert Nitrate tests I use normally are about the same reading. I still have to kind of guess but only because sometimes the color floats between 2 readings but unlike the PH it is easier to see where.

I use the API and Slifert both to check the Nitrates for good measure.

But like the PH I will get the Nitrate Machine as well one day.

After all you have read you may agree or disagree but my main question is whether having a constant monitor is better than having a tester.

What is best? What is going to last longer or be cheaper in the long run?

Will I need more diodes in one or the other?

Mostly what would really be the advantage of constant monitoring with no Calcium Reactor or am I wrong to say that?

Thanks

Back