pH question

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Hello all. Gotta a question. Below are my tank parameters as of this morning. My ph is low and my SG is is a little high. Any suggestion on how to get them back into range?

pH 7.9 (Has been 8.2 range for ever until today.)
SG 1.027 (Just a touch high from the normal 1.025. Not sure why the change)
Nitrate 0.0
Nitrite 0.0
Ammonia 0.0
Calcium 440
Phosphate tests positive via API kit. (.25) AND I am running a Phosban 150 with Phosban.
Temp is 79.4 (It was running a little lower, around 77.5, 3 days ago. I must have bumped a heater. Once reset it is back up to "normal")
Lights are 2 10,000k and 2 actinic t5's plus 1 48" blue/white led, 1 12' blue led and 1 blue/magenta led. 10,000k were changed to new on April 15. Actinics are due this month.
Tank is a standard 90 (89.3 gallons) gallon with a 20 gallon sump(14.7 gallons water in sump)
Mid depth sand bed using white and pink caribbean sand.
90 lbs rock in tank, 50 lbs in sump.
Skimmer and Phosban 150 running carbon in sump.(one week ON, one week off.)
7" rectangular filter bag in sump. (1 week on, one week OFF.)
Water has been RODI from day one. 470 ppm in. 9 ppm RO. 0.0 ppm DI.
Water changes of 15 gallons are done every 5 days.
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals salt.
Turnover with power heads and return, accounting for head loss, is 26x per hour.

I'm 3 days out from a water change, removing the carbon and adding the filter.

Last edited:
How long where your lights on before testing for ph? It will be lower after the lights have been out for some time (like overnight) and then rise once the lights are on

+1 North. The pH is probably because you tested first thing in the morning. The salinity being high is probably due to evaporation. Are you running an auto top-off? Nothing looks too bad to me. Are you having a problem in your tank?

Back