PH Tester????

I think part of the problem might be that you are asking for the high range kit when you call - if you ask for the "saltwater" pH kit then that might make more sense to the 15 year old kit at petco who doesn't have any fish keeping experience!

I personally use the Seachem marine basic kit which includes a pH test - I just put one drop of the reagent in and a small pipette of tank water and can read it within a few minutes. Super easy to use and I've found to it be quite accurate. Range is from 7.8 to 8.7

I think part of the problem might be that you are asking for the high range kit when you call - if you ask for the "saltwater" pH kit then that might make more sense to the 15 year old kit at petco who doesn't have any fish keeping experience!

I personally use the Seachem marine basic kit which includes a pH test - I just put one drop of the reagent in and a small pipette of tank water and can read it within a few minutes. Super easy to use and I've found to it be quite accurate. Range is from 7.8 to 8.7

You're probably right about calling and possibly giving or getting the wrong information. The girl at Petco did go back a second time to look in the saltwater department.

Back