Phastrohs 220 Gallon Build - Pic Heavy

I made a box out of acrylic with a slide door and used a stick to kind of guide him in. I waited 3 days and every fish in the tank went in there but him and he would tease me I swear he knew.

One day I put this stick I have in there because they only run from nets and it was easy. I got shocked and could barely get the door closed. I have pix from it I think I made a thread of it.

yeah, i did much the same with a coke 2L bottle and a box as well with trigger door. everyfish and shrimp i had went in except my blue tang that i was trying to catch. they DO know. a stick is an interesting idea. i just put food and enticing treats and all were interested but the fish i wanted to catch, haha. had to take all the LR out and finally caught it.

i'll look for the thread a bit later, then. thanks!

Dang, dude! How many fish you got in there?! :D

24 in all but I have a few years before they start getting to big and make more poo-lution but I have a few I kind of want gone anyway due to them being a douce.

I know a place that will take the unicorn one day and probably give me store credit unless by then I have an 8 footer. They have like a 12 footer win sharks and large fish and stuff.

Phoenix 14000K Bulbs on my 220 - PIX

So yesterday I got and installed my new Phoenix Hexarc 14000K MH 150Watt bulbs.

I was only using the stock Marinlend 14K prior to this.

To explain a bit on the photos you will see I will tell you what order they are in.

The first 3 photos are of the tank with the old lights.

The next 3 are only with the Phoenix 14K's on.

The next 2 are the 14K, my 8 Actinics and just the Blue LED's on Marineland Reef Ready lights.

The last 2 are all the above plus the whites on the 4 LED fixtures.

I love that you have this tang leash trained! :lol:

7315948728_8ac0d2dc79_b.jpg

Just wanted to post an update pic but this photo was taken by my wife:grumble:

But... she did me a favor taking it since I am at work. I will post some full tank shots when the big lights come on.

Anyway, anyone who has seen my tank like in the photos above or read my posts here will know I made these 2 islands because I was tired of having a wall of rock where the fish are always behind. I also wanted to give my Tangs plenty of swimming space and this shows you really do not need even 1 pound of rock per gallon of water as well.

Ok this is what I came here to post anyway.

I have a light system that has 3 MH bulbs and the one in the center is basically shining on the sand so I decided to go out and get some dry rock and build sort of a bridge between the islands.

I saw another tank with this but they just had it but still with a wall and I thought it was a great new addition for the fish and it will give me a way to put high light needing corals a great perch.

I also modified the left side because that MH bulbs was only able to support my large Anemone. SO I block it from getting to the light in hopes it will move and I will be able to remove it.

So here is a photo now and I will take some good ones later tonight. I am now waiting for it to color up haha. I let it dry overnight and I am hoping it will never crack. I held it out from one end like a sword and it supported its own weight.

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 405
Ok I took some new photos. The first few are just the bridge thing as it was when I got home.

The last few are after I cleaned the glass of salt water drip and rearranged the corals.

I am now waiting for the rock to blend in haha foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The one full shot at the end is one I took 3 pix and merged so it looks funny with half a fish here and the same fish there.

The final pix are jut some coral arrangements I made lat month and how they are growing.

One day the tank will look so nice and then I will get a wider one UGHHHH the work that will be but I plan to actually build something custom now that I know how to do it or have at elate done it.

Ok enjoy as I go and do some heavy arse dead lifts and my back and bicep work out and then do a water change. I was jut throwing that in there so you will feel bad for me but thankfully my bed is so comfy for my back.

Bridge-1 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Bridge-2 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Bridge-3 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Bridge-4 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Bridge-5 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Bridge-6 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

FInal-1 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

FInal-2 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

FInal-3 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

FInal-4 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

My-Flowers by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Ricordea-Island by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Thanks peeps.

I am now getting to the point where it is starting to look more like my underwater vision. I always wanted the2 islands but I wanted the bridge thing like that to kind of give it a more trenchy type feel.

Now I can start to actually see where I can put my future corals more clearly instead of just random scattering. I am trying to group a few things and ensure others can get the right lighting needed.

Sometimes I felt like I was unable to do what I wanted because of not being able to utilize my lights right and things like that. The large bubble under the bridge is getting great random flow. It sits for a while then bobbles just a little which is perfect, plus the MH bulb is mostly blocked from it which is another plus for it. It is really big when it is expanded fully.

Now I just have to watch who is stinging who at night. I can tell right now that most of them play nice and are not being aggressive yet.

I really, really want to split the orange and purple Montis up but they are melting together. I figure I may have to just suffer and split them now and reset them for a better future rather then just leave them as is. I like them now but I would rather have one on each side and there are many little chips from each growing all over. I even have a few stuck to the overflows haha. I'll give those to my friends when they get bigger.

I had like 8 frags I was gonna give my buddy if he bought my old tank but he bailed.

Tanks looks good, i like the bridge.
Don't you hate when you add new rock and you have to wait for it to color up? :D

Back