Phastrohs 220 Gallon Build - Pic Heavy

Tanks looks good, i like the bridge.
Don't you hate when you add new rock and you have to wait for it to color up? :D

Haha you are right I do hate that. There is also a piece on the front right as well. Actually there are about 4 other pieces in there that are new.

Anyway I always love it when someone knows how I feel or when I don't have to explain it. Right now it is going thought its dirty looking spots phase. I mostly hate the expoxy which seems to take a year to color up.

Ok so I decided to install new pipes branching from my return pump to supply my Carbon and GFO Reactors.

While the gluing could be neater and so could the straps this was all done in a quick build till I get back home to tidy it all up.

This was part of my project that started with the RO/DI hose run that now goes across my attic to supply the Auto Top Off.

I wanted to tidy up my wires so I got Adhesive(3M) Plastic Hooks to hang crossing wires. I then eliminated 2 water pump wires by redoing the job you see here to supply my Bulk Reef and 2 Little Fishes Reactors.

I figured my Pump is 2400GPH and I only need 1200 for the tank so minus a small amount for the reactor and the head loss it is still more than it needs. My valve is fully open though.

I was thinking of installing a check valve for when I turn off the main pump but I didn't plan for it at this point and obviously I could not see any backflo when I pulled the plug during tests since everything is under water. Maybe Dennis can chime in on the need for it.

Everything is ok for the few days till I can beautify it all and finish the wires. It can only get so pretty under a stand haha. I wanted to redo the hoses and tidy that up and tidy up my UV supply and return as well as make my Auto Top-Off supply a bit better than a soft hose.

Just want to make sure and do the right thing. I want to use all hard piping where I can.

Look at that thick arse Green Chaeto growing in there. I have to find someone to take some here locally. I almost has the fuge totally filled and I still have a fish I am trying to sell in there for now. Need room for the fish or I would let it grow more.

I wish I could use my proper Fuge light but this one grows it like no other. If I can get the hoses away from there I may make it mount nicer.

The first pic is the unit I made and the second shows it in place. I didn't even snip the straps cuz I want to redo the hoses anyway.

Reactor-Pipes-1 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Reactor-Pipes-2 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8rjCQkyJlc"]220 Gallon Reef Aquarium - YouTube[/ame]

WATCH ON YOU TUBE PAGE IT IS BIGGER! Oh I picked any music sorry.

I could not upload HD because there is no WI-FI here but maybe when I get home I will. It is worth it I think this time.

Last edited:
Thanks, they better be haha they have a nice reef, clean water, food whenever they need and I take care of stuff to keep them alive lol.

I want to do a better video with closer shots but I was sitting on the couch and put my iPhone on my can of Freeze Dried stuff and it was the perfect tripod. Better than my real one.

I am sort of no able to do most shots because the tank is filling up with corals better.

Looking good! Can't wait till i actually have fish and stuff in my tank. lol

Me either. I am mostly interested in how you will set up your rocks. I was truly hoping you were gonna go all dry and do some badass aquascape to give your tank maybe a nice open area with a few levels of caves.

I have to admit I am much happier than I was with a wall of rock but I already have a new idea after these island that will be phenominal in my opinion but it will take me a while to get to that point.

When you come to Tampa make sure you go to Coral Corral and check out their large coral display tank. It is one of the nicest I have seen and the nicest I have seen in person. Their selection has gone down a bit unless you want to spend a lot. They also have this HUGE like 12' or something like that tank. It is rediculous but it was empty last time I was there last month but they had some big tangs and a shark and some other stuff.

I guess I would put a caldesac(sp) trench to one corner going toward the back but like 2" high with an open side with rocks made to support SPS high toward the light. Hard to explain but it would look sweet.

I am sure everyone is dying for you to set up your rocks even but I am really into layout haha good luck man the fun begins for you for sure. Frikin exciting to the max.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI3vgw-C7FU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWs2twHqOeY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjiCzehl4U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqmyiHVv5X8[/ame]

The only noise you can really hear is the howling of the skimmer and the water exiting the skimmer. If I shut the skimmer off the tank is near if not silent.

The way the plumbing is and the socks you cannot barely hear it in the cabinet.

I sometime attach an elbow to dampen the water exiting the skimmer and it is crazy how much quieter it gets. It I cold figure out a way to have something sit on the water where the water comes out instead the stop the splashing it would eliminate half the noise.

It does howl pretty good. I can hear it in my closet which is on the other side of the wall it is against. It is not audible though unless you go in the walk-in and are quiet. At night I can always tell if it is running.

Wow, thats so amazing.....You need to get that trigger a race track.....He looks ready for the race circuit.

It's true he uses to just hang in the middle but now he is always flying around the powerheads. He girl now comes out a lot after about 2 months of hiding.

My Hippo still chases the Triggers around but it is large and super fat. All my fish are fatarses.

One day I want to make a little video and isolate some corals. My sand is a bit dirtay haha I almost have no CUC. Need to grab some more but my hermits eat the snails quick. Took like 25 out can't get the last few.

Back