phos reactor

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So, after all your good advice, I decided to get a phosphate reactor. Most of them don't come with pumps, right? I have an extra aqua lifter pump - would that work? And, last question, what sort of media should I buy to go with it? Buying from Drs, if anyone has any specific model recommendations.
Thanks - happy st patrick's day!

Alex

generated a couple more q's:
Carbon or the phosphate removing stuff? I know it really depends on what kind of problems I'm having, but I'm looking for an overall cleaning effect - I have some red slime algae and the water is a little discolored, but not sure what to go after first.

Also, do I need to buy the tubing separately (can't really tell) and if so, what size? Does the pump just sit at the bottom of the tank?

Thanks for the patience!

again, if you bought what i linked to you need to buy nothing extra. also if you can find another sponge then you can run both in the same reactor

You can mix the carbon and GFO, but the carbon will get exhausted faster and can possibly start leeching what it absorbed back into the tank. You would need to change the GFO more frequently than required if you mix them both since the carbon doesn't last as long.

Back