Phos-zorb,Bio-chem zorb?

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
I use bio-chem zorb in my filter, my question is can I also at the same time use Phos-Zorb? Are they almost the same thing or what ? Looking at dr foster and smith item codes are akd 21695=biochem zorb, and cd21695 for the phos-zorb.
Are they both good to use?Any input will be great.
thanks
Rose

The Bio-Chem is just carbon and the Phos-zorb is just another brand of Phos-Guard.
It'd probably be cheaper for you just get some Chemi-pure Elite.It basically combines the 2,except it uses ferric oxide to remove phosphates instead of an alum. based resin.

The Bio-Chem is just carbon and the Phos-zorb is just another brand of Phos-Guard.
It'd probably be cheaper for you just get some Chemi-pure Elite.It basically combines the 2,except it uses ferric oxide to remove phosphates instead of an alum. based resin.

ok so if i get this one I dont need to use the bio chem zorb anymore or use it together? Also which one would be good for 55 gal. and does it come in bags or do we get them seprate?

Zippy,

Take a look at THIS site.
You can buy GFO or Carbon in bulk pellets for use in the Rena.
They also sell a dual chamber system that works nice too if you want to have a constant dedicated system.

Good Luck

Back