Phosphate problem or passing algae phase?

That's what they're good at. They are cool critters. Next time you feed your fish, take a pair of tweezers and grab a chunk of meat. Then put the food on the star's arm. It's super cool how they'll curl their arms around the food and draw it up to their mouth. And they appreciate being fed once in a while too.

Stupid bristle star killed one of my blue shrooms last night.
I saw him do it, too. Lots of stringy slime coming up off of the arm that was on the shroom. Grrrr...... :grumble:

Stupid bristle star killed one of my blue shrooms last night.
I saw him do it, too. Lots of stringy slime coming up off of the arm that was on the shroom. Grrrr...... :grumble:

Can you post a pic of that star? I've never heard of a brittle star eatting corals.Heard and seen the green brittles catch and eat fish though.

Thats the first pic I've seen of that color phase.
Could be that its a coral predator,like the green brittles are fish predators.

I bought a clam the same day as the star and last night somebody made a meal of the clam!!!!!! :pissedof:
Looks today I'm going to spend taking my rock out of my tank and getting rid of that star.

I know what your feeling. I had a red hair clam, and one day I find my sponge crab standing on top and reaching in and taking chunks out of the clam. The clam and the crab are no longer with us.

Yeah, this morning while the moonlights were still on i saw my cleaner shrimp standing on top reaching inside. I'm assuming he got the leftovers.

That damn star is inside my sump now, still clinging to a rock. I'm waiting for him to jump off so i can put that rock back into the display tank and finish putting my rock work back together. Now that i switched some bulbs out yesterday and they are more blue, he does have a green tint to him. A really dark greenish brown color. What I wanna know is why did the same store sell me a clam and an aggressive starfish... together?

Back