Photo Acclimation

start them out lower in the tank and just move them up i little every couple days or put them were you want them and lessen the photo period than adjust for more time every couple days.

start them out lower in the tank and just move them up i little every couple days or put them were you want them and lessen the photo period than adjust for more time every couple days.

Like how much? Reduce photo period 50% first day and increase 10% every 2 days?? Total number of days in photo acclimation period? What about this method of using layers of window screen over coral and taking a piece out every 2 days?

i wpuld cut the light in half at least then start adding 15 min every day. as for the window screen just take a peice away every couple days. the screen works well also. really there is no wrong way as long as they gradually get an increase in light that they need.

James is right on.
I like to start new corals on the sand bed,and kinda shaded for the first day or 2.Then I'll just move them out into full light,then start working them up from there.
I've also got to where I keep my eye on the lighting thats over the tanks the corals if at the LFS.If there under less light than I can provide,then I photo-acclimate.If their under just as more more light,then I just put em where I want em.

James is right on.
I like to start new corals on the sand bed,and kinda shaded for the first day or 2.Then I'll just move them out into full light,then start working them up from there.
I've also got to where I keep my eye on the lighting thats over the tanks the corals if at the LFS.If there under less light than I can provide,then I photo-acclimate.If their under just as more more light,then I just put em where I want em.

thats what i do

Is a week overall to acclimate too short?

That depends on the coral itself,the lights your running,and the lights the coral was under at the store.
With my T-5+ halides,if the coral was under PCs,then I may go a month to a month and a half to get a coral moved up where I want it.
If it was under T-5s,then usually just a few days.If under halides,then I usually just put where I want to start with.

Back