Photo Class Homework

Oh dear, I think my kids and I had way too much fun with light painting! Here are some of the results. I'll work on some contrasting shots tomorrow.

Light-Painting-007.jpg

Light-Painting-006.jpg

Light-Painting-005.jpg

Light-Painting-003.jpg

Light-Painting-002.jpg

Light-Painting-001.jpg

Not possible to have too much fun, those look AWESOME!

How did you get the second to the last one, the blue one?

Glad you're having fun with shutter speed :)

c

Family Fun with Shutter Speeds

AG, try these variations tonight.

Practice them with the lights on then take the picture.

First, figure out 3 poses, a fun one to try at first is the "Hear no Evil" cover ears, "See no Evil" cover eyes, "Speak no Evil" cover mouth. You want the person doing it to stand in three different spots (put a bit of tape on the floor?). So it will go like this: Hear (far left), See (middle), Speak (far right). Have the person stand in the first pose hold it and then flash a light on them, then they move quickly to the second pose, hold it and flash the light and so on. After the three poses are done then you can do something with a light but try to keep it low like knee level and soft. What will happen is each time you flash a light it should act like you've taken a flash photograph, kind of like a strobe effect. This is how we did photo merging before photoshop!

Other variations: Put the person in some sort of costume? Add a little bit more light and have the person move slowly? Have the subject do their light writing and then take a flash shot of them in the end. this was a favorite of Pablo Picasso:

picasso-light-painting-61.jpg

Picasso.jpg

picasso-light-graffiti_2.jpg

Well, I had to miss class last night because of work :( And now it looks like I may miss next time too. I guess it's time to start reading that manual, huh? :lol:

Guys, homework?

Just got in, recording ran late again. We'll do Raw on Tuesday.

Let's see some aperture and shutter speed shots!

C

Yote, awesome shots!

In your first shot watch your composition. Remember, the quadrants?

The second shot is fabulous, good angles, your negative space is perfect, looks like a post card! Great!

C

hey all here's my homework -

color contrast
_DSC2910.JPG

patterns
_DSC1236.JPG

not sure what the technical wording would be for this one, but it stirs an emotion like something disturbing. kinda film grainy looking. only the color and lighting were adjusted in this one.
_DSC2075.JPG

Ummmm... That wasn't the assignment given, was it? I thought it was to take 3 portraits, using quadrants correctly, and to crop 3 portraits that we find online.

Catherine?????????

doh! maybe i think i missed something between wonton having me run upstairs during the session to get the kids to go to bed lol. altho with the exception of the second pic, the other two's subjects are on quadrant lines i think.

You can choose any subject for your portrait you wish. Biff's got the assignment right.

I'll comment when we get some more submissions.

c

Back