Photo session period...

Cr1ck37

Reefing newb
Planning out my future inhabitants in my tank and curious on how much lighting is needed for an Anenome, Polyps, basic corals? I've read many ranges of times from 6-10hrs but would like some general feedback.

FYI, I am currently running a Nova Extreme T5HO 50/50 lighting system.

I don't know why that mattered, sorry. I got confused for a second there.
I run my MH 9 hours a day, and my T5's 10 hours a day... half hour before and after the MH come on.

For now I was thinking of getting a Bubble Tip anenome (for clownfish) and a Sunflower pot, do you have any good other good coral recommendations?

How many bulbs is your fixture?
And an anemone is not a coral, it is an invertebrate. They really need a mature (running for over a year) system to do well. They also require a lot of light.
Do you have any coral now?

Ya, I know an anemone isn't a coral. Just curious what other coral to get. It's a dual bulb fixture 10k / actinic. Right now I have a mushroom frag which has been in there for about 2 weeks.

That's not nearly enough light for an anemone.
I'd stick with softies and maybe some LPS...
Also, just because you get an anemone doesn't mean the clowns will host it. A lot of people have had success with hairy mushrooms.

Well I'm basing my lighting on my friends as he has the same lighting / size tank and it's been housing the anenome for over a year

Back