Photography and the iPad

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
I know some of you have iPads so I thought I'd share.
I just returned from a trip to visit family on Long Island. I took my camera and iPad with me, along with the "camera connection kit" which is just a little usb card reader that plugs into the iPad. It's a good way to preview your photos while on the go or to back them or free up space on your camera's card. But this time i downloaded a little piece of software in the app store from Nik Software called Snapseed. For just a few bucks it's AWESOME. It lets you easily make adjustments to white balance, saturation, contrast, sharpening, straigthen, crop, apply different film filters, add borders, add grungy textures and more. I use all the Nik plug-ins in Photoshop and Lightroom on a regular basis and although this little piece of software does just a fraction of what it's parent softwares can do, it does not disappoint. Here's a few examples...

6397268467_8bb9826196_b.jpg

6397270917_f15554d28f_b.jpg

6397273247_bfc0e5bd01_b.jpg

Wow that's amazing. I bought the iPad 2 a while ago and ended up selling it. I hardly used it (already own iPhone 4 and MacBook). Can you do similar stuff with the Kindle Fire I wonder?

I would say that right now with the note pads and mobile devices, apple is no doubt the leader in the photography department.

Ya, if you don't have a computer, an air would be the better choice, but it costs twice as much as an ipad. I had the original air and sold it and bought two ipads for the wife an I. I never used it for anything but internet and email since I already had a mac pro tower.

Nice photos! I've been playing around with an app called Instagram on my iPhone which gives some nice effects, but it sounds like you don't get the same degree of control as with the one you suggest. Might have to give it a try!

Ya, Instagram is a lot of fun for the iphone. With that one you just pick a filter and apply it. With Snapseed you have all kinds of sliders for infinite adjustment.

Back