Phytoplankton farm?

Epos

Reefing newb
I just started using DT's phytoplankton product and my corals are loving it. I've been reading about it and it seems like phytoplankton is pretty easy to grow yourself and I was wondering if anybody out there has been growing their own and if it's been worth the effort. I'm not sure this was the right place to post this so please forgive me if it isn't.

Thanks for the article, but right now the main thing i'm looking to figure out is if this is going to be worth it for my tank to grow it myself or if DT's will do the job just the same.

itll definitely save you some money in the long run, you can also use to phyto to breed rotifers which are amazing for coral growth and fish love them too

It looks like a good amount of room is needed. Also some effort to set-up the initial components. 74 have you made/done one of these? Epos please be sure to post pictures and progress reports if you make one. It will be interesting to see what your comments are on it. Thanks a lot and good luck.

i have not, i have no need to. and you dont really need a lot of room, just enough for a couple on 2 litres lined up in a row

Back