Pic Request

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Would you guys/girls please post some side view pics of your aquariums. I am doing some aquascaping in my 55 and i'm getting frustrated and I don't really want to lean any rock against the back side of the tank, but with the limited depth of the 55 I really have no other options. Is it alright to have some rock leaning against the back? The pics don't have to be of a 55, any size aquarium will do.

Yeah it OK to lean your rock against the glass.Just do like Biff said and make sure your getting water flow through the rock work.
A 55 just isnt wide enough to keep the rock off the glass.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you guys post some pics of your aquariums? Just to kind of get an idea of how you scaped yours.

First off I'm by no means an expert on aquascaping.In my pics I have the rocks up against the back glass but very few rocks leaning against it.I also like to keep as much free space in the sand up front because I'm gonna eventually have it packed in with coral.On the sides I keep the rocks about an inch and a half away so I can get the mag float in there.

If I had to describe my aquascape is that its a steep hill or ramp.
Maybe someone can help me.I could use some advice myself.
Heres the side views(75 gal.)
P4040406.JPG

P4040403.JPG

You can put plenty of pressure on the side of the glass. Just think how much you are putting on the bottom with no worries.

Just make sure whatever you put in is stable. A falling rock can scratch up glass pretty badly :)

Back