PIco Reef

well exactly how small are you going? you've gotta be creative with a pico :P

a closed loop on a pico would be sweet, haha.... oh god that sounds like a new project for me....

Tank, rock, sand, salt, and a test strip. Later you will need a light for coral if you plan to keep coral.

Tests the watch your cycle. So you know when to add anything. At first you will use amonia, ph, and nitrite tests. Then you'll go to nitrates. With it being a small tank you'll want to keep an eye on the water a little closer, because things can go wrong fast in such a small tank.

If this is your first marine aquarium, I would advise agains such a small tank. The smaller tanks have greater fluctuations in the temp pH chemistry and can crash alot faster.

Also, head over to the information section and read about the nitrogen cycle and other things. It will inform you on what is happening in a new tank.

Brian

You go to it after your tank has cycled. Waste turns into amonia (very toxic to living things in the tnak) bacteria has to build up to turn it into nitrites (still toxic but less so) then more bacteria has to build up to turn trites into nitrates ( even less toxic and will be removed by water changes)

if this is your first marine aquarium, i would advise agains such a small tank. The smaller tanks have greater fluctuations in the temp ph chemistry and can crash alot faster.

Also, head over to the information section and read about the nitrogen cycle and other things. It will inform you on what is happening in a new tank.

Brian

+9999

Back