Pics of my 65g

atexada

Reefing newb
This is my progress after about a month. Will not be adding any fish for a few weeks, but was wondering if it's Ok to add more live rock at this point. I want to build it up a little higher. Opinions?

P.S. Sorry about the flash highlight.

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 407
Looks good.
It'll be fine to add more live rock.But you'll need to make sure its cured good and only add a little at a time.

Looking good. I would add 10 pounds every now and then and never had a mini cycle. Just make sure it's cured like the above stated.

hey just a question, what if you cure your rock in a seperate tank and all that and you think its fully cured, then you stick it in your DT by accident and it starts a cycle. What would you have to do? (NOT SAYING I DID THIS, IT JUST POPPED IN MY HEAD.....LOL)

start doing water changes to keep the amonia and nitrite low. you would be chainging at least 30% every day maybe a little less than that or maybe a little more

Sometimes adding LR will cause a mini cycle all you need to do is a water change and keep a eye on the paremeters. If they're off just do another water change.

Back