Pics Of My Reef

jhnrb said:
Just my thought. i would recommend a salinity of 1.023 to 1.025. remember to adjust for temperature. good looking parameters. alkalinity always above 7 or 7.5 and salinity average 1.023 for 24 hrs. looking good. enjoyed the pics. keep us posted. oh! and if all the animals looking ok to you dont mess with anything. almost forgot. adjust only if you are not pleased with the animals appearances. happy fishin.

when you say animals do you mean all the livestock in my reef including corals?

ok thanks everyone are doing excellent on my current water parameters. all of my livestock are happy the way it is.

I am not critizising you here either, I just find it crazy how much is in you tank, with the general rule of 1" per 5 gallons, ( I know rules can be broken) It seems like your way over. Also I could have read it wrong but I thought it says the tank is only 2 months old? I also know some people take great care in there tanks, which it looks like you do! Anyway I did want to say I am very impressed, looks GREAT! Always like to see new pics.

margaritaville said:
I am not critizising you here either, I just find it crazy how much is in you tank, with the general rule of 1" per 5 gallons, ( I know rules can be broken) It seems like your way over. Also I could have read it wrong but I thought it says the tank is only 2 months old? I also know some people take great care in there tanks, which it looks like you do! Anyway I did want to say I am very impressed, looks GREAT! Always like to see new pics.

thanks! yes it is only 2 month when i took that pictures. and everything is in excellent shape doing water changes every week checking water para 2-3 times a week, i stir my DSB every 3 days to release bad stuff under those sand. needless to say how this hobbe so addictive that i am already upgrading to a 120 after just under 4 months.

i have a question to ask. i am doing water change today and use that water to keep a LR soaked and circulated with a pump in another tank. i plan to re-use that water again to fill up my new 120. so here's my plan/steps of how i am going to do this. any and all suggestions are most welcome.

how long does a mature water last. i mean if you take water out of a mature tank how long does it last to get the same water quality. i am seting up my new 120 and will be using water from my old 55, i will be doing water changes and plan to use the old water i am taking from the existing tank into the new tank so i won't be using as much as fresh water as possible. my plan is to move everything in the same day. here are the steps i will be doing.

1. fill a spare tank with water from existing tank.
2. move corals to the spare tank with water then run a small power head.
3. drain water from the old tank into a container.
4. move LR to the new tank.
5. move LS to the new tank.
6. fill new tank with old water from old tank(considering the size of my new tank(120) and old(55) the new tank will be filled with water close to half)
7. add 10-20 gal of water from the water change done probably a week old or less. that's where my question came in)
8. add more fresh water about 10 - 20 gal
9. run a powerhead (since the tank is not filled to the top yet at this point)
10. add 10 gal of fresh water daily till the tank and sump is filled.
11. when the tank and sump is filled, time to run the equipment (skimmer and return pump)

i need help on this one. i will not be adding more sand for i decide to go shallow on my sandbed. but adding 50 more lbs or LR. which is now in a tank in my garage with the water i just took from my existing tank circulating with a small powerhead.

Put everything except the animals in your 120 and top it off. let run for 24 hrs. move animals into the system and acclimate as if new. hope this helps. all equipment should be running including protein skimmer. i also recommend a uv sterilizer in the short term. good luck keep us posted. Your list above is well thought out and you can follow that procedure except I would run all equipment as soon as possible.

Back