Pics of Tiny Flatworms

chichimom79

reef junkie
After dosing the ten gallon with Flatworm exit twice(first round I did eight drops, second round I did twelve), I still have these tiny flatworms. I only see them on the glass, and I think they are pod eaters after watching them closely. Should I just let them be? They are now in both of my tanks. :ugh:

Forgot the pics...
005-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

I don't know... When I have used Flatworm Exit in the past, I had to use wayyyy more than the instructions said. I basically kept adding it until the flatworms started dying.

Maybe just keep an eye on them -- when I had them, they started to become problematic when they were absolutely covering the corals, smothering them, and killing them.

How about adding a fish (if you have space) that's known to prey on them?

I don't know... When I have used Flatworm Exit in the past, I had to use wayyyy more than the instructions said. I basically kept adding it until the flatworms started dying.

Maybe just keep an eye on them -- when I had them, they started to become problematic when they were absolutely covering the corals, smothering them, and killing them.

How about adding a fish (if you have space) that's known to prey on them?

I have thought about that. I think mandarins and wrasse eat them and both of those kind of fish are on my want list. The smaller tank is more of an issue. Maybe after the clowns are in the big tank I can quarantine the mandarin in the ten. That is, if the clowns wont bully it when it goes in the cube after them.

I have thought about that. I think mandarins and wrasse eat them and both of those kind of fish are on my want list. The smaller tank is more of an issue. Maybe after the clowns are in the big tank I can quarantine the mandarin in the ten. That is, if the clowns wont bully it when it goes in the cube after them.
My mandarin eats them when the pods get low. When the flat worm population gets low, back to the pods.

Back