PICTURE: Help to identify what type of angel fish this is?

Then you do what most middle-aged men going through a mid-life crisis do! Ditch the old, washed-up hag for a new, younger, juvenile trophy fish!

not at all. I can think of others I think look worse. And all large angelfish are beautiful, some just more than others. I love the super bright blue accents and the bright blue spots on a black back half too. and sometimes dorsal fin will get really bright yellow at the end too. Im holding my ground.

Well as i said they are all beautiful, however they ones that I personally prefer the Koran over are:
French Angelfish, Pomacanthus paru (very close call but still Koran)
King Angelfish, Holacanthus passer
Rock Beauty, Holacanthus tricolor
Yellow Bar, Pomacanthus maculosus

French angel is almost a close tie. the holacanthus dont have much going for me except with the queen and blue angel for sure. I wish my Queen was not so aggressive. That was an EXTREMELY beautiful fish.

i dont know, i agree with some of those although i strongly disagree with the passer choice, its got awesome coloration all the way through its life. the french and gray angel i think are tied because at adult phases they look very similar

I like the juv passers. like the one you had. but maybe the ones i have seen are not as good looking as adults. Like this one looks kinda washed out.

KingAngelfishWMA_C0633.jpg

Dont get me wrong. I love passers but I still love korans too!

well thats more or less what i meant, since they have their natural diet in the wild and no matter how hard we try we can never match that, especially since all fish of a species are different and prefer different foods

Back