Picture of the day.

Is there still an invert POTM? You're going to kill it.

No kidding.

1. El Guapo is unique. No one else has anything like him.
2. El Guapo is rare. We don't see pictures of that type of mantis very often.
3. El Guapo has personality. You can see it in his eyes!
4. Your photography skills are getting amazing. There is improvement in every picture you take.

You are going to crush the starfish and urchins next time around, IMO. :Cheers:

Some flowers i got for my birthday!

DSC_0003-5.jpg

Pretty daffodils!! Mine are getting buds! I planted a whole bunch in the fall and don't remember what colors I got. I'm very excited about it.

A garden was one of the things I was most excited for when we moved into this house. It made me feel like an old lady. Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I grew up with a huge garden, it was my mom's and my garden. We were even featured in Better Homes and Gardens once. It makes me a little sad just thinking about it. We sold that house and garden when my parents got divorced. But i helped my dad build the green house and helped my mom grow the plants. I miss it a lot.

A garden was one of the things I was most excited for when we moved into this house. It made me feel like an old lady. Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

You are not alone Erin.

Recently I bought this book, and took an online landscaping design class. I started to sketch up a to-scale re-design of my entire front and side yard, based on the info I learned from the book and class, including putting in new decorative stone walls and flagstone walkways. So far I'm done designing all of the side yard and some of the front yard, and we have been putting in the flagstone walkways per my drawing over the last couple months. I can't wait til the flagstone is done and I can actually start putting in plants!

Talk about being an old lady, I'm only 28!!! :grumble:

Attachments

• downsize1.jpg
    downsize1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 0402110835.jpg
    0402110835.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0086.jpg
    DSC_0086.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 261
Ooo... that's a cool book! I have some issues with not being able to keep what I grew up with here. I'm originally from Vermont, and the dry Colorado air does not make me happy.

And Hannah, that is super cool about Better Homes and Gardens! I don't get it, but my mom does, and I love looking through it. Such awesome homes... and gardens. Haha.

No kidding.

1. El Guapo is unique. No one else has anything like him.
2. El Guapo is rare. We don't see pictures of that type of mantis very often.
3. El Guapo has personality. You can see it in his eyes!
4. Your photography skills are getting amazing. There is improvement in every picture you take.

You are going to crush the starfish and urchins next time around, IMO. :Cheers:

Pretty much made my day. Thank you.:bowdown:

I grew up with a huge garden, it was my mom's and my garden. We were even featured in Better Homes and Gardens once. It makes me a little sad just thinking about it. We sold that house and garden when my parents got divorced. But i helped my dad build the green house and helped my mom grow the plants. I miss it a lot.

What issue & year? If you ever find one from 1988 or 89 that they did an article on Hickory Hills Retirement Community in my home town, that electrician is me!! :)

Back