Picture of the day.

Mark that is awesome! I am working on visually seeing all the Messier and Herschel and Caldwell's. Then I will go for the medals from the Astronomical League.

649A839D-88C2-4399-8AE2-3C2B66F6EA2D-6949-00000AA7C92A0263.jpg

Life support system at The Wild Center,it's not saltwater but is awesome none the less,there's about 5x this it wouldn't fit in one picture lol.37,000 gallons of water exchanged and filtered every 45 minutes......3 north American mixed fish indoor ponds and one huge outdoor everything in it lol,and their 4 NARO'S Indoor Exhibit! Me and another keeper Had a professional development meeting with their collections curator.hes also the old director of the National Aquarium!!!! Awesome man full of knowalge!

649A839D-88C2-4399-8AE2-3C2B66F6EA2D-6949-00000AA7C92A0263.jpg

Life support system at The Wild Center,it's not saltwater but is awesome none the less,there's about 5x this it wouldn't fit in one picture lol.37,000 gallons of water exchanged and filtered every 45 minutes......3 north American mixed fish indoor ponds and one huge outdoor everything in it lol,and their 4 NARO'S Indoor Exhibit! Me and another keeper Had a professional development meeting with their collections curator.hes also the old director of the National Aquarium!!!! Awesome man full of knowalge!

So is there a diys one lol?

M31 The Andromeda Galaxy. (M32 and M110 are the other small galaxies)

MosaicLRGB5-26X40.jpg

This photo took nearly 3 months to "expose". It is a 9 panel mosaic. Each panel consists of 300+ individual exposures and 6+ hours of exposure time. It took about a month of processing using various astronomical imaging software packages with a final assembly in Photoshop. I have a 44" x 30" enlargement hanging on my living room wall.

We took this photo from the backyard of my friend's house. We built an observatory in his backyard to do just this sort of thing.

We did some groundbreaking techniques to get this level of detail in the core of the galaxy. 3 telescopes of varying sizes were used.

The core of the galaxy was featured in the 2004 Sky & Telescope Calendar. It was the photo for September. It is the center panel of the 9 panel mosaic.

M31RGBv1.jpg

More info on M31: Messier Object 31

Short of Hubble's images and a select few other amateurs who tried to duplicate our effort, you will be hard pressed to find a more detailed image of M31.

Looking forward to the day when I once again have the time to do such things.

Right now I need to go mix some saltwater. :sfish:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think we can close this thread now.
Because anything posted after this is :pooh: :lol:

Nice! That really would be fun I think. I hated what trainers had to do and the hours they put in. At least you are part of the team and having fun! I would have liked to have seen what it would have been like to be on a 1A team instead of a AA team.

Nice! That really would be fun I think. I hated what trainers had to do and the hours they put in. At least you are part of the team and having fun! I would have liked to have seen what it would have been like to be on a 1A team instead of a AA team.

I know what you mean as an equipment guy I put in 153 hours in 2 weeks lol it was like 60 hours of overtime lol and Division 1 is fucking awesome! Lol the competition is so high and the fan base is unreal! This year I get to go to Chicago for the notre dame game :-):-):bounce:

Back