Picture of the Month - June

well that website needs to get there facts straight because they have text that proves you right but the pictures prove me right, where is biff when we need her?

well that website needs to get there facts straight because they have text that proves you right but the pictures prove me right, where is biff when we need her?

look up pics on both species, they look very much alike. The white cheek has a slightly larger white spot on his cheek, hence his name, and a red line on his tail.

It must be all about fish this months,great pics everyone!

I always considered the whitecheek or gold rimmed tang as the A. nigricans and the somewhat easier Powder Brown as the A.japonicus.

huh. All I know is that he has a Lamarck's angel in that tank. Not too common a fish. Great pic Capt!

-Doc

yea, i checked my copy out and it does agree with reeffreak that A. japonicus is the easier species to take care of, but also lists it as the white faced tang.

huh. All I know is that he has a Lamarck's angel in that tank. Not too common a fish. Great pic Capt!

-Doc
Thanks Doc. I got the lamarck from That Fish Place at the anniversary sale. I've never seen 1 before at any of my lfs's. It's a great fish, and the best part is it's reef safe. It doesn't touch any of my coral.

oh lol forgot heres mine no match but havent seen a lionfish in a while on the forum so

S7300081.JPG

Yeah he gets to visit the most beautiful places in the world on a daily basis. That goodness he is willing to share!

Yeah, I cheated...lol, Its a diving photo but the thread stated "reef related" which I took as being an open invitation to cheat...lol No worries, I don't expect that photo to count towards a tank related contest.

Chuck

Back