Picture of the Month - June

Chuck you didnt cheat! Absolutely qualifies for a POTM pic. It is a reef picture contest. As long as you took the pics and they werent taken in a LFS youre golden. You are fortunate enough to visit "the big tank" on a daily basis. It is a gorgeous pic thats for sure!

I'll play this month with this...

DSCN2769.jpg

Sweet pic, Kimoy! Looks like a very diverse tank. I really like the coral. I may have to save that as my background, if you don't mind.

I'm jealous of Charles ... I only get to swim in a pool. Maybe when I retire ...

kimoy, great picture. Nice balance with fish as well. I am impressed. I have to admit, I am a bit shy to add an entry this month now

-Doc

Sweet pic, Kimoy! Looks like a very diverse tank. I really like the coral. I may have to save that as my background, if you don't mind.

I'm jealous of Charles ... I only get to swim in a pool. Maybe when I retire ...

be my guest actually :Cheers:I'm honored...

Yes,great pic Kimoy.I really like the corals are packed in there,lots of variety.One day,in maybe a hundred years,I'll be there.

Great pics charles & Kimoy. Although i thought this whole thing was supposed to be about our own tanks...either way, i love that pic.

I don't think this has been brought up before. What do you guys think, should dive pics be allowed, or should it be our tanks only?

I we've brought up pics of LFS tanks before, and we decided that those didn't count.

I think it should be about our own tanks. If other tanks or reefs are allowed, then it becomes more about our photography skills, not reef keeping skills...

this whole time i was under the impression all entries should be of our own tanks...but, i dont care either way. Its just my :twocents:

Boo I say if some one can catch the beauty of our hobby in its true natural form how can we say that doesnt count. I vote 100% yes.

I will have to say "NO". I have always been under the impression that the POTM is about the tanks in our homes and in our care. It is the chance for us to show off our hard labor and get props from other reefers.

-Doc

I was going to stay out of this since I'm kinda new still, however ... I'm not always good at staying out of things.

I don't think the pic should count and I don't think Charles would really be satisfied with it counting (just my impression). I think the POTM is to show the hard work fellow reefers have put into their tanks. However, I would still love to see a separate thread with Charles pics as they are REALLY cool:Cheers:.

Back