Picture of the Month - June

what about having a topical potm a couple times a year? like dive shots or photos you took while visiting an aquarium like the georgia aquarium etc?

here is one this is a old one but i think it is a good one

coral038.jpg

Absolutely love the birds nest. It is on my short list of most wanted. I would love to see a current pic if you get the chance.

This is not nearly as good as my George shot from last month, but I will throw one in. (subject to change if I decide to get un-lazy and clean my glass). Below is Kermit, my mandarin Goby.

kermit.jpg

Wow, another great pic from you!

I have two mandarins, but I never get to see them, let alone take a picture :(. They come out of the rockwork once a month, if I'm lucky. Maybe.

Wow, another great pic from you!

I have two mandarins, but I never get to see them, let alone take a picture :(. They come out of the rockwork once a month, if I'm lucky. Maybe.

really biff wow it took my mandarin about 3 days to completely acclimate to my tank he was going WILD on all those copepod he stays mainly always close to my clam always in view day or night he doesnt pick at it or anything but his territory is the 1st quarter of the right side of my tank

my mom loves em would it be safe to add another??

nice mandarin. I have 2 in my 120 one is alomst 3 years old and a smaller one which is about 6 months. the smaller one is being chased by the bigger one all the time. I bought the second one when it was only an inch big and couldn't see the long dorsal fin. I have 2 males and is in search of a female or two. and oh yeah it is the target mandarin.

my mom loves em would it be safe to add another??

Mine are acclimated to my tank, they are just shy. I think because the tank is so big, they can safely find all the food they need in the rockwork without coming out into the open, where they are more vulnerable. I think they only hunt in the open when they have to, and in my tank there's more than enough space for them to never have to leave their sheltered little areas. It's the same with my other 2 fish that eat live food from the rockwork, the sixline wrasse and leopard wrasse. Even though the sixline is a very active fish, I rarely see it. And the leopard wrasse comes out for 2 to 3 hours a day, then disappears again. Why expose yourself to danger if you don't have to?

Adding a second would be very risky. I did it in my tank because mine is a large tank. In smaller tanks, they will usually fight to the death. It's not as bad if you have 2 females or 1 male and 1 female, but 2 males won't get along.

Do you think that the same result would happen if you had the traditional mandarin with a target mandarin?

Back