Pincushion urchin eating feather duster?

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
Guys I think my urchin has been munching on the stalk of my feather duster is this common and do you think it will damage the worm? I can see where his tube is really thin in some areas. He has him right now and wont let go GRRR:grumble:

"It may also prey on some of the sessile invertebrates in the reef system." off liveaquaria. feather duster's fall under sessile i belive (i think sessile means inverts that are fixed in a spot and dont move but not 100% on that) hope this helps

What on earth is this stuff? I hope it shows up but its literally covering my tank right now it looks like spider webs

5434507379_c1651e7a9c.jpg

5434507337_cc5974f552.jpg

Could be :pooh: or could be sperm/eggs depending on what sex it is.

It just did it while the urchin was munching on the worm I cant tell if it came from the worm or the urchin from doing a google search it appears the worm is the one with the secretion ability. I hope it doesnt harm my fishes.

Well for 2 days the urchin kept munching on my worm so I took action. I was able to gently stuff my feather duster worm into a perfectly sized hole in a rock in the back of the tank. The urchin cant reach him at all and his top pops out the top of the rock perfectly!! He hasnt gone back into his shell once since I moved him I think he is very happy! I would recommend trying to find a good safe spot for a worm if you have urchins

5442038953_80d08c3aca_b.jpg

Back