Pink, Clear, and White?

vw65bus

Reefing newb
Sorry this is my first post im new here and to reefing, ive got a 72 bowfront which will be a reef tank very soon. I need to know if this is bad or good. Thanks for everyones help and hope to be here a long time,

These are attached to a rock that was pre existing in tank when i bought it. About a week ago it started growing. The pink part is attached to the rock, clear tubes move around and the white ball on the tips of the clear tubes. I have 4 small patches one of which is on a small black rock by itself while the rest is attached to big rock and one big patch about the size of a gold dollar. And a pic of my tank, I know im getting a reef light soon,

Salt tank2.jpg
Salt tank3.jpg
Salt tank.jpg
:question:

Looks like Phyllangia americana (hidden cup coral) to me.
Perfectly safe.Its a type of solitary cup coral.Their non-photosynthetic corals.
Congratulations on your first corals,and welcome to the reef.

Thanks for your answer and i done a search and come up with this Pseudocorynactis which says This Pseudocorynactis from Fiji is beautiful but not safe with fishes and adjacent invertebrates. It is a voracious eater that has powerful nematocysts in the ball-like tentacle tips. I hope your right cause this page Aquarium Invertebrates says its harmful, man i hope not,

Found this also thank you so much for your help. hope itll leave my fish alone. Guess ill leave it in there and see how everything goes, again thanks

Found this:

Common name(s): white ball corallimorph.

Scientific Name: Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum

Family: Corallimorphidae.

Distribution: Caribbean.

Temperament: semi-aggressive predator, not compatible with small fish.

Those are pretty common hitch hikers. The good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) is that they don't live long. They will usually disappear within a couple months.

Back