Pink pincushion urchin..love/hate relationship

stormystormy11

Reef Addicted!
I got this urchin about 2 years ago. She is fun to watch as it carries so many different things on its back. I'm constantly picking things off its back that it just can't carry around like live crabs and snails. It moves all my coral frags around and causes rocks to fall even when I have them glued. She loves to eat coraline which I would like left alone. I have found she will eat hair algae but not good for anything else!
Don't get one of these. They are cheap and pretty but will give you a headache...lol.

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,232
thats one thing i lucked out with my tuxedo urchin, rarely very rarely will i see somehting stuck on its spines and even then they only last about 10-20 mins , i loves my urchin always working, especially at night when it has its tentacles out

Oh my, is she carrying around the connector from your sump return line? LOL that is soo funny (although not to you, I am sure!)

I found her a home on Saturday...yes! I do miss her but now I can finally put my tank back together knowing it will stay that way. She was carrying around that connector for several days before I made her give it up. She didn't seem to like the coraline on the back of the tank or the glass...she was in my 30 biocube. I have a pencil urchin in my 75 and I don't see much of him and he is very slow moving. Not sure what he eats.
That pink urchin wouldn't let my frags attach or grow..they are happier too I'm sure.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 960
Back