Pink/red algae?

Pretty_Puffer20

Reefing newb
Still fairly new to the saltwater tank community and have had some problems recently...at first we noticed several fish acting strange and thought they were off color; there were several theories as to why this happened, but in the end we found our Red Lip Blenny had killed our Diamond Goby. While we were trying to find out what was wrong we noticed a reddish, pink algae on our live rock. Not on all, but on a decent amount. It doesn't appear to be slimy or even feel slimy (when removing the dead fish and isolating the aggressive fish we removed all the rocks so we did feel it). I'm just wondering what exactly this is? Is it good or bad? And is the fact that a fish recently died in our tank any possible reason for it?
photo.JPG

Also we just recently started feeding our fish brine shrimp. Before they were only getting pellets. We do switch them up on a day to day basis.

We have a 55 gal with 2 engineer gobies, a sand sifting star, 2 clown fish (not the same species, but paired), a cleaner wrasse, and about 8-10 crabs. The red lip blenny is in a seperate 10 gallon tank till we can return him.

if it is coraline then shouldnt be a problem .will spread over the rocks and personally i think it looks good.it will spread onto your glass, filters,, powerheads ,heater etc but that will be ok .obviously dont leave it growing on your glass sides that you view with.ie,front and sides .what have you heard bad about it?

if it is coraline then shouldnt be a problem .will spread over the rocks and personally i think it looks good.it will spread onto your glass, filters,, powerheads ,heater etc but that will be ok .obviously dont leave it growing on your glass sides that you view with.ie,front and sides .what have you heard bad about it?
Just that it's a pain to get rid of if you don't like it. Does it do any good for the fish or change anything in the tank like ph levels or anything like that? (sorry for 20 questions, still just pretty new to the whole thing).

It adds a lot of color to the rocks. It can be a pain in the arse to get off the glass unless you are diligent with your cleaning. Looks really cool if you let it go crazy on the back glass.

Back