pink spotted goby a good idea?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I saw a pink spotted goby at my lfs and loved it. Is a 29g big enough for it. It's just a standard tank no biocube. My stock now is 2 occellaris clowns. Male and female. And one six line wrasse. In The future I want a dwarf zebra lion but my six line is too tiny right now and would most Deff get eaten. I'm hoping when I do get the lion I can keep it well fed so my little guy isn't dinner. Anyways...would this be a nice addition? Also down the road I want a mandarin dragonette. Can these two coexist?

I have a pink spotted Goby right now. I love him to death, he is so fun to watch grabbing mouths full of sand and it always looks like he is watching you :shock: In my case I have a draw back he is one of the original survivors from my fish only days so he was first in my tank and in his little fishy mind he thinks "he is king of the tank" Anything I put in the tank now he try's to sample or re-arrange. He has nipped at my new corals so.... its sad for me because he is one of the originals and I really do like him.... but I am going to bring him back to the fish store this weekend and possibly get another fish. On a side note my pink spotted was surprisingly fast and I have read pink spotted's tend to be more of the aggressive gobies so I would not put him with a mandarin dragonet in my tank. Good luck :D

A goby is going to stay on the ground and sift the sand its not going to swim around like the other fish.

I have a diamond watchman goby, a clown and a midas blenny. I think you would be find getting it none of your fish would bother each other.

My goby does a great job of keeping my sand clean I recommend them to everyone.

The fact that the goby stays on the ground has nothing to do with whether or not it will "fit" in the tank.
Bottom dwelling fish still poo. It's all about the bioload.

True but I only have three fish right now and plan on having five at the max. Before this was a saltwater I had like 15 fresh water fish in there and they were fine. I just wanna make sure its enough space for it to be happy.

The rule of thumb for saltwater is totally different than fresh.

Salt you are limited to one small fish for every ten gallons.

Yea salt is a lot different than fresh. There are a lot or variables too. Filtration, how often you do water changes and what not.

I would recommend 4 max, with weekly water changes and good skimmer. If you go over that bioload capacity, fish go bye bye. :)

i have a pink spoted goby,and 3 clowns..in my 30g..i think 4 fish is the max..you.have to do water changes every week..i test my water all the time...

4 fish are OK in your tank. Mine has 2 clowns, 1 sixline and a blenny. The goby is almost the same regarding bioload. You should be fine with those 4.:D

Back