Pinkbar Goby and Pistol Shrimp

winnie

Reefing newb
Over the weekend, I got a Pinkbar Goby and a Pistol Shrimp pair. The idiot goby jumped to his death last night...I found him on the floor this morning. :frustrat:

The shrimp is alive and well. He set up shop front and center! If I get another Pinkbar, what are the chances they will pair-up?

You wanna be careful covering the tank with glass/plexiglass because of the necessary gas exchanges....I feel your pain, I had a pinkbar for about 3 days.

Not sure about them pairing up but sorry for your loss. I have always wondered the same thing because i wanted to get a pistol but didnt think he would pair up with my watchman. If you do happen to get another let me know how it works out.

I hear ya. The midas blenney I bought last week jumped out of the tank the first night while I was asleep. $45 and a cool fish down the drain.

So on the subject of adding a plexiglass lid.... I should drill holes for gas exchange. Like 1/4 inch holes every inch or so...or?

Let me know what you think would be best.

Thanks everybody for your support!!

So on the subject of adding a plexiglass lid.... I should drill holes for gas exchange. Like 1/4 inch holes every inch or so...or?

Let me know what you think would be best.

Thanks everybody for your support!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0CzorCknWQ&feature=&p=C828CB18FB68EF03&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - DIY screen top for aquariums.mpg[/ame]

Sure will go on youtube. They "watchout" for predators as the pistol does its thing. When a predator comes near it warns the pistol and they both retreat.

I recently purchased a banded shrimp goby and pistol shrimp duo about 2 weeks ago and put them in my 120 gallon reef tank... they hid under the front rock for about an hour and I haven't seen them since. I hope they are ok!

Back