pinpoint measuring devices???

in the long run yes, you can also tap them into a clacium reactor and controler so that it will automatically adjust how much calcium your reactor is putting into the water without overdosing. i plan to get one eventually.

I use a Pinpoint pH meter to check the pH in the tank and I use a pH probe from my controller for the calcium reactor. The Pinpoint pH monitor seems to work well, I haven't had any problems with it. There have been a couple threads on RC about the unreliability of the Pinpoint calcium monitor (in terms of the accuracy of the readings), so that one might not be worth the money. Not to mention that they run around $250, which will buy a lot of test kits and still leave plenty left over for beer money.

i agree about the calcium tester, very expensive
not to mention the necessity of beer

i was more interested in the ph tester which seems relatively reasonable

Pinpoint makes an excellent PH meter, and most of there meters are good. I have bought almost all the meters they sell except the calcium one, I heard nothing but bad about the accuracy of it. Im amazed they still sell it to be honest.
However, if you are planning on getting a calcium reactor or any other device you plan on using the PH to control. I would recomend you invest alittle more money and buy a aquacontroller Jr or a Reefkeeper. they will do so much more and illiminate the expense of other meters. A good controller is priceless for me.

Back