pissed off big time

ckckck

Reefing newb
hi guys any suggestions greatly appreciated. ok i added 6 chromis to my tank yesterday and a bubble tip anenome woke up this morning checked the tank as i do every day. and the f@@king regal tang has white spot im pissed of all other fish ok. whats the best course of action its in my reef tank so no copper has anyone experinced this before im feeding brine shrimp in garlic will it sort itself out??? in eight years of keeping marines ive never had a regal tang in a reef system for this reason manythanks:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat: sorry about some of the spelling

So you can't get him out and into a QT, right? If he is healthy enough then he will fight it off and be fine. The garlic will help his immune system. But if you don't have a QT or cannot catch him to get him out then that is about all you can do. Do you run a UV light?

Tangs are tricky, in that they are pretty sickly fish. Any little change in their enviroment and they seem to come down with a disease. Some tangs, you just look at them funny and they get sick.

Your choices are to catch the fish, quarantine and treat it, or leave it be. If you are already feeding them garlic, that gives him a better chance. As long as the fish is still eating, it's a good sign that he'll get over it.

:lol: Yeah your probably right! He'll probably respond with one long run on sentence and say something about us over here "across the pond!" :lol: right mate?

If you are keeping tangs, you must also establish a parasite cleaning crew such as cleaner shrimp, or, cleaner gobies, or cleaner wrasse. uv sterilization also helps. I have both and deal with the problem naturally. hope this helps.

If you are keeping tangs, you must also establish a parasite cleaning crew such as cleaner shrimp, or, cleaner gobies, or cleaner wrasse. uv sterilization also helps. I have both and deal with the problem naturally. hope this helps.

After thinking about it.That right there is probably THE best advice when it comes to regal tangs especially.

if it's true whitespot, the tang will more than likely die if not treated along with the majority of the other fish. If it's not whitespot the tang may recover on it's own. You got any pics?

Back