pistol shrimp caught finally!!!

alfred25

Reefing newb
after about a year of attempted trapping and hunting for this guy i finally trapped him. i have lost about 4 cleaner shrimp,ywg /pink fairy wrasse and numerous crabs and snails.this is one smart shrimp and he a was tough guy now is at my lfs. he even switched out a piece of shrimp out of the the trap and replaced it with a molting from a coral banded shrimp the night before i caught him. he was in my 125 gallon. i used the trap x terminator after a few mods that i did to it.
utf-8IMG_0577_zpsd689c36b.jpg~320x480

it became personal after a while. it was his fault he would constantly taunt me with the clicking mainly during the night click click click click.

I agree. Congrats. I got 2 out so far and still hear the clicking. My rock was from Florida and the pistols I had were green. Your shrimp is alot bigger. Hahahahahahaha oxymoron.

I just bought one. Are they all bad? He was paired with my goby so i bought both. I had a clown fish die since it has been in the tank. It was a really little one. And an emerald crab died too. But he was like 6 months old and i had never added iodine which i heard you're suppose to do to help them shed. But do you you think he killed those two?

hope yours turns out to be the nice ones. the one i had just made burrows in the rocks,never came out to be seen,was very annoying and loud, and got blamed for everything that went missing or showed up as a empty shell.

I know nothing ever good happens quickly in a reef tank, but yikes a year of hunting in a small glass box would drive me crazy!

Back