pj cardinals

monique

Reefing newb
i asked ? about my solar wrasses first time. this time its about my pj cardinals. apparently my KISS way of reef keeping is working great for me. my clarki's have spawned again and now one of my pj's has a mouthfull of eggs. there is no-way i am catching him in my tank, so i'm wondering if there is any possibility of some of the babies surviving once he lets them go. i feed flakes, pellets,algae sheets, new era wafers{nice product} and frozen. i also put in coral food occasionally.

The chances of the babies living in your tank is almost impossible. In captivity the only way for them to really make it is with dedicated breeding tanks. They won't have food small enough for them to eat in your tank and they'll be easy prey for every other fish that you currently have in your tank.

okay, thanks every who responded. i guess the babies are just going to be part of the great circle of life. i am still proud of myself though. my tank is doing well enough for the fish to do good enough to spawn, so i must be doing something right

Back