Planning DIY Algae Turf Scrubber tank

Well small update on my ATS tank. After starting my return pump, and overflow all the baffles just let go and broke free. I was pretty pissed about it, but just let it flow anyway. Actually I have no micro bubbles with out them in so not bad. I have been running the sump tank for 2 days now and there is small green specs of algae growing all over the screen so thats a pretty good sign. The pic attached is when i was making salt water to fill the sump tank. More updated pics of the turf scrubber screen at first cleaning.

Attachments

• ats4.jpg
    ats4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,074
That sucks about your baffles. There's a thread in DIY that shows how to make removable baffles that I'm gonna try for my next one. Check that out, you could just slide them in. It actually look rather easy too.

Thats a nice looking setup but I am curious how you are going to clean your screen. Is there a union that you cant see in the photos? I have cleaned mine twice now and I am so glad that I put a union just after the screen PVC tube because its so easy not only get to but it makes taking the scrubber apart and re-attaching a breeze.

Yeah that's what I probably should have done. I'll have to cut the zip ties and pull it out of the pvc tube. It was a space issue I made it that way, but your construction sounds a lot easier. Post a picture of yours i'd like to see how you made it.

Yeah that's what I probably should have done. I'll have to cut the zip ties and pull it out of the pvc tube. It was a space issue I made it that way, but your construction sounds a lot easier. Post a picture of yours i'd like to see how you made it.
I have a thread going "My DIY Algae Scrubber" with some pics. If you cant see the union I will get a better pic of it and load it up.

Here is my screen after week 1. Looks pretty dirty, but hopefully some green algae can accommodate the screen soon.

Attachments

• wk 1.jpg
    wk 1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 955
Back