Please HELP: 3 fish DEAD in the past 4 Days?

Unfortunately, any meds that claim to be reef safe are ineffective against the diseases you think you have as well. The only two "proven" cures for ich are copper treatment and hyposalinity treatment, both of which are fatal to inverts.

I understand the challenges of catching big fish in a big tank. If that's not possible, you will want to help them fight off these infections by themselves. Most fish fight off ich by themselves with no problem. In fact, with the exception of very few circumstances, I rarely recommend ever treating for ich. Oftentimes, the treatment is more stressful than the parasite itself. And if your fish are healthy and your water quality is good, they will not be impacted by ich.

In your case, if that's what you are left trying to do, you should start soaking your food in garlic extract and a vitamin/amino acid supplement such as Selcon. In most cases, strengthening their immune system is enough for them to kick the ich by themselves. Unfortunately, velvet is a much more severe condition than ich, and it's rare to have a fish recover from velvet :(

Here's a crazy idea to get the fish out that just might work, Make a dozen (yes 12) 1 liter coke bottle traps and bait all with live food.

1 Run them thru the dishwasher with NO soap.
2 Be very careful not to let the live bait slip out of the trap when putting the traps in. This is more difficult than it sounds.
3 Stop feeding the fish!
4 You might try a double baffle using 2 tops in 1 bottle

Make A Fish Trap - Video

Google "fish trap coke bottle"

In the hobby, we normally use super glue or silicone because we care about our fish. In sport fishing, they can get away with needles because they are just going to eat it anyways.

when i had to catch fish i moved most of the LR to 1 side of the tank
i then cut a piece of eggcrate big enough to fit from the front of the tank to the back of the tank, and tall enough to break the water surface

then i waited for the fish to wander to the "mostly" empty side of the tank, dropped in the eggcrate and then netted or pushed the fish into a catch cup

either way catching a fish in a tank that has a ton of rock in it is a PITA!!

Holes and zipties to secure the 'lid' of the fish trap, works on my volkswagen too. :mrgreen:

And a cheap lighter to melt those sharp edges.

ive had the same problem in my 8x3x3 reef tank in the past. some people will disaggree with me but the way i got my fish was i went fishing lol i got some fine fishing line and a hook. it take a while to catch the fish your after as you have to keep removing the line when another fish comes you dont want. to catch but with a little bit of patience you will catch the ones your after manythanks

ive had the same problem in my 8x3x3 reef tank in the past. some people will disaggree with me but the way i got my fish was i went fishing lol i got some fine fishing line and a hook. it take a while to catch the fish your after as you have to keep removing the line when another fish comes you dont want. to catch but with a little bit of patience you will catch the ones your after manythanks

HA
See,I'm not the only one thats used that method:bounce:

I have a super redneck uncle that works for the county parks and rec. He also has a big FW tank at home. He decided when he was stocking one of the ponds that it would be a good idea to bring home some bass and of course he fishes in his tank. Awesome right!?!?!

When I decided to trade a pesky flame angel that was in my 75,I made up my mind that I WAS NOT pulling the rock out.

But even fishing for a problem fish,isnt as easy as you'd think.
Long story short,the flame didnt get caught untill I switched from the 75 to the 125.6 months later:shock:

Back