Please help before I buy the wrong OverFlow.

immortality6000

Reefing newb
Hello. I am starting my first saltwater Aquarium. It is a 26 Gallon Bow Front. I would like to do 25lbs of live rock with a few fish. I found a great deal on a ProClear Aquatics Wet/Dry(up to 75Gal tank) with a QuietOne 300 pump(LifeGard Site says 819gph with 10' head) for $40.00 bucks. :-) Anyways...I do believe this pump is to much for a 26 Gallon Saltwater tank?? I want to buy a CPR OverFlow Box so I need to know what Model QuietOne pump with what model OverFlow for a 26 Gallon Saltwater tank? Please help. Thank You

Im adding my plug........ Dr. Fosters and smiths can provide you with correct numbers you may need. Im going to run a 90 i believe, that is good up to 400gph? Double check

Whatever overfow you buy will have a drain rating in gallons per hour. Your return pump should be as close to that as possible. Do not forget to account for head loss when sizing your return pump. All pumps are not created equal, so you'll have a little bit of work to do making sure it is sized correctly

For example, if your overflow is rated for 500 gallons an hour, and you have a span of say 4 feet of distance in return line, you would want a return pump capable of 500 gallons an hour at 4-5 feet of head loss

My overflow is rated at 600 gph my return pump is rated 712 with headloss I figure I have it nailed. Been running since September and everything has been fine...

Back