Please help determine what these are....

The last one is definitely some type of zoanthid. The polyps will open up when they settle in and get happy. The first looks like it could be some sort of algae or gorgonian? The thing on the top of the rock also appears to be some sort of zoanthid polyps... No clue on that or the others, sorry. Does the worm thing have a shell?

That worm looking thing is really interesting. Looks like a cocoon that is 1/2 full of something. The bottom half is darker and it looks like there is something inside. It does have a sort of shell. A white hard cap. Tries getting a better picture, but that was as close as I could get.

1)I'm unsure...it does look gorgonian like but a dead one.

2)Definitely looks like you have an Acropora coral.....that would be a good find.

3)I can't tell....does it open?The stem makes it look like some time of clove or anthelia coral polyp.

4)zoos

Hasn't opened yet. Just noticed it this morning. I added the rock on Saturday afternoon. The person I bought it from had a gorgeous 220 gallon reef tank.

The worm looks like a type of peanut worm.I've got a few that like yours.Harmless algae eatters.

I think Reefs on the money with the 2nd pic too.Looks like you might have a slimer there.

Hasn't opened yet. Just noticed it this morning. I added the rock on Saturday afternoon. The person I bought it from had a gorgeous 220 gallon reef tank.

Okay,that would explain some of the cool hitchhikers you got.People don't get acros as hitchhikers to often.I believe everything you have is reef safe.Have I mention that acro frags run from 8-40 dollars,enjoy the freebies.

Last edited:
Okay,that would explain some of the cool hitchhikers you got.People don't get acros as hitchhikers to often.I believe everything you have is reef safe.Have I mention that acro frags run from 8-40 dollars,enjoy the freebies.

Around here,Acro frags the size of yours will run you at least 30 bucks.
Good luck with em.

te branching thing is absolutely a dead gorgonian. I have one in my tank. they get coralline and look cool.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

1) dead gorgonia

2) acro skeleton, with the algae on it I will guess that its dead

3) looks like a sponge to me

4) Zoas or some sort of button polyps, have they opened up yet?

I have pc lighting 260 watts. Hopefully it's just enough to sustain them. The Zoas look like they are openeing up. There is now brown coming out of the center. Hope that's a good sign.....

Back